* 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
* 7/8 cup chopped onion
* 3 1/3 minced garlic cloves
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 (24 1/4 ounce) can chicken broth
* 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
* 1 2/3 lbs russet potato, baked (about 3 medium)
* 1 2/3 to taste salt, to taste
* 1 2/3 to taste fresh ground black pepper, to taste
* 8 1/3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, save grease
* 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
* 1 2/3 to taste sliced green onion
Bake the potatoes and cook bacon
Melt butter in large saucepan with bacon grease over medium heat.
Add onion, garlic salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent and tender.
Stir in flour, slowly, cook stirring constantly until the flour taste is gone.
Gradually stir in broth and heavy cream.
Scoop potato pulp from one potato; mash. Add pulp to broth mixture.
Cook, medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to boil.
Dice remaining potato, (i take the skin off, its your choice); add to soup.
Cook for about 10 minutes until heated thru
Season with salt and pepper to taste
Top each bowl with cheese, bacon crumbles and green onion.
*I like to serve these in homemade bread bowls. They are so yummy. Don't worry all, recipe is on next weeks recipe list ;)
Make Sure to Enter our CrazyDog Tshirt Giveaway.. These are some of the most comfy shirts ever.