2c. all-purpose flour
1tbsp. semolina or whole wheat flour
3/4c. instant yeast
1 tsp. salt
3/4c. water, lukewarm
2 1/2 tbsp. olive oil or melted butter you can also and herbs and spices if you like that will compliment
what you are putting into the bowl!
* For my baked potato soup I use some cheddar cheese and bacon
1) Mix together all of the ingredients until a ball forms.
2) Kneed for 6 to 8 minutes, until a smooth, form into a ball
3) Let it rest for 30 minutes, while oven preheats to 400F
4) Line a cookie sheet with parchment ot silicon mats ( I love the mats) and some
oven proof bowls (this dough will make 4 to 8 depending on size)coat the bottoms
of bowls with non-stick spray and sprinkle the spice and herbs that you want over
the upturned bowls.
5) Divide Bowls into 4-8 pieces, then allow to rest for another 10 minutes
6) Flatten dough into circles about 1/4-1/2 inch thick, lightly brush with melted butter.
7) Lay dough over upside down bowl buttered side down, pat gently to reduce
8) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes rotating the pan halfway through baking.
Let cool for at least 20 minutes and serve!
You can also use your favorite bread recipe and then cut dough into 4's and mold into
a round ball. Lightly tap bottom on counter to make a flat bottom. Cook as usual then
cut top off and hollow out.
Serve soup in bread bowl.